BEINECKE RARE BOOK AND
GENERAL COLLECTION OF RARE BOOKS AND
MEDIEVAL AND RENAISSANCE MANUSCRIPTS
Beinecke MS 967
Italy, approximately 1400.
Boccaccio, Giovanni, 1313-1375, Decameron (fragment).
1 bifolium (2 leaves) : parchment; 230 x 151 mm.
- This material is open for research.
- Manuscript fragment, on parchment, containing parts of the text of Novella 8 and Novella
9 of the Second Day of Boccaccio's Decameron.
- Purchased from Bernard Quaritch, Ltd. on the Edwin J. Beinecke Book Fund, 2002.
- Layout: double columns of 43 lines.
- Script: early Italian humanist script.
- Leaves were originally a conjoint bifolium, but were separated for later use in a
binding, with some resultant staining and damage.
- Giovanni Boccaccio, Decameron (Fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and
Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Boccaccio, Giovanni, 1313-1375.
- Manuscripts, Medieval -- Connecticut -- New Haven.
- Manuscripts, Medieval -- Italy -- 14th century.
- Manuscripts, Medieval -- Italy -- 15th century.
- Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
- Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.